ant-user mailing list archives

From Denis Haskin <De...@HaskinFerguson.net>
Subject Appending to the environment's classpath?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:54:30 GMT
Apologies if this is a FAQ, but I searched the mailing list archives
with no luck.

Am I correct in understanding that it's impossible to append to the
classpath for a javac task if the classpath is set at the OS environment
level?

I'm using 1.3 on Win2k (and Solaris, but I haven't tested it there) and
it appears that if I don't specify any classpath in the build file, it
takes the value of the CLASSPATH environment variable (as expected).
 But I'd like to be able to add to the classpath within the build file,
but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.  Evverything
I've tried seems to be ignored, and the classpath stays the same
(checking this by using -verbose or -debug).

Thanks,

dwh