ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <>
Subject Re: Ant used in new IBM IDE
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:15:39 GMT
Matt Lyon wrote:

> David,
> Would you happen to have the URL for the download site handy? I poked around
> the IBM site but could not find IBM Workbench under their downloads
> anywhere. A colleague of mine is very interested in checking this new IDE
> out, as he is a big VAJ proponent. Thanks in advance for any assistance you
> may be able to provide.

I used to work on the Eclipse Help system, which was the code name for the
workbench system, and now seems to be the product name.  :-) They've opened it
up sooner than I expected, I have to admit.  On the plus side, I can now tell
people what I did in my last few months at IBM (if not the details - gotta
respect the non-disclosure and confidentiality thing...).

This topic got me interested again, so I started looking.  The Eclipse project
is at  You can get information about the underlying
platform there.  The WebSphere Studio Workbench beta can be found at

Note that to download the beta, you need to register with the Partworld for
Developers program.  You also need to be registered if you want to download the
Eclipse drops from

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.
View raw message