ant-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Inger <ma...@sedonacorp.com>
Subject Re: Conditional ANT building
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 19:14:43 GMT
once again, the need for conditionals has been brought up.
You can sort of do what you're looking for by doing the following:

<target name="build" if="build-1.3.0">
 <echo message="building..." />
</target>

<target name="default">
 <property name="build-${java.version}" value="true" />
 <antcall target="build" />
</target>

however the build target will not execute if you switch to version
1.3.1.   If you want that behavior then you're going to have to use
the optional "<script>" tag (you'll need to download the ibm
bsf.jar, and the netscape rhino js.jar)
or you'll have to develop a custom task to do the conditional.

--
Matt Inger (matt.inger@sedonacorp.com)
Sedona Corporation