ant-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Inger <ma...@sedonacorp.com>
Subject Re: Conditional ANT building
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:35:00 GMT
Peter.FLYNN@syntegra.com wrote:

>Since some of the tasks differ between 1.3 and 1.4alpha/beta, I want to
>perform different things for different ANT versions.
>I can obtain the ANT version using the property ant.java.version, but is
>there some way to say:
>
>if ${ant.java.version} == "1.3"
>   echo "Using ANT 1.3"
>else if ${ant.java.version} == "1.4"
>   do something else....
>

>Is this possible?
>
>Peter

>This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without
reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
>Thank you
>
>Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com

<target name="performtasks-1.3">
</target>

<target name="performtasks-1.4">
</target>

<target name="performtasks">
 <antcall target="performtasks-${ant.java.version}" />
</target>

however, i don't think that's the property you really want,
since ant.java.version actually returns the version of the current
virtual machine, not the version of ant.

--
Matt Inger (matt.inger@sedonacorp.com)
Sedona Corporation