ant-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Inger <ma...@sedonacorp.com>
Subject Re: What properties are available
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:21:53 GMT
Environment variables are a non standard way of doing things
with java.  The reason they are not readily available is that they
do not exist on all platforms (here is where I cough, and point
fingers at MacOs before version X).

Therefore, they're not available.  the way  you have to make them
available is by passing them on the command line as System properties:

java -Dmy.var=${MY_VAR} test.class

--
Matt Inger (matt.inger@sedonacorp.com)
Sedona Corporation