ant-user mailing list archives

From Ramesh Donnipadu <rdon...@uswest.com>
Subject incremental build using ant
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 16:27:01 GMT
I know ant can do incremental compilation/build based on time stamp of
the surce and class files. But I am not aware whether ant is really
smart and can figure out logical dependency among various class files by
itself.

I am guessing this can be done using ant but we have to tell it using
the "depends" key word. But maintaining the list of dependency class
files up-to-date itself  becomes a nighmare in a large development
effort involving 25 developers spread across different locations.

Apart from clobbering  everything and make a clean build each time,  is
there any timesaving suggestion?

Thanks,
Ramesh