ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Meals" <tme...@intraware.com>
Subject Re: java and asterisk (*)
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:52:07 GMT
Chris --

If I'm reading right, you're trying to run something like this:

% java test.ReplaceTags -Dtagname=something *.xml

Unfortunately, the shell is interpretting the *.xml and passing all the
necessary files into the JVM.  If you wanted, from the shell you could
also do "[a-z]*.xml" and get a list of all files with an initial lower
case letter.  Again, it's the shell that's doing the expansion.

Because the Ant Java task executes without the shell's invocation, if
you want to do "*.xml" you'll have to wrap the java executable in a
shell script or batch file.

Tim

--
Tim Meals
Web Applications Developer

mailto:tmeals@intraware.com
fax:      925-253-4599               http://www.intraware.com
operator: 925-253-4500        Intraware ... Control Your Technology