ant-user mailing list archives

From SimonRichards...@halifax.co.uk
Subject RE: exclude files are included?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:33:32 GMT
Peter

Well spotted, I removed the SDSHierachyImport file from the source tree and
ran the build again.  Yes, you were right there was a reference elsewhere to
SDSHierachyImport and that caused the compiler to include it!

.. Doh!

Thanks for your help.

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Donald [mailto:donaldp@apache.org]
Sent: 22 August 2001 15:16
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: exclude files are included?

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:58, SimonRichardson2@halifax.co.uk wrote:
> A file "**\cmf\example\Database\SDSHierachyImport.java" gets included in
> the javac task despite being listed in the excludes file.  Can anyone shed
> any light on why this may be the case.  (we're using jakarta-ant-1.3, and

...snip ...
> And the output fron the builds is:
>
>     [javac]                    ^
>     [javac] C:\work\com\cw\cmf\example\Database\SDSHierachyImport.java:31:
> cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class EmuCurrencyImpl
>     [javac] location: class com.cw.cmf.example.Database.SDSHierachyImport
>     [javac]     EmuCurrencyImpl theEmuCurrency = null;
>     [javac]     ^
>     [javac] 1 error

It could be the compiler doing that - not ant. Do any of the files that you
are compiling require SDSHierachyImport to compile (directly or indirectly)?

--
Cheers,

Pete

Part of the Halifax Group, Halifax plc, Registered in England No. 2367076.  Registered Office:
Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG. Represents only the Halifax Financial Services
Marketing Group for the purposes of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit
trust business.  The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.  Switchboard
01422 333333.