ant-user mailing list archives

From Barry Jia <b...@brightspark.com>
Subject RE: Launch a separate process(terminal window) from Ant [Linux]
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 16:45:38 GMT
at executable="start"  ,change "start" to with full path. such as
"${appsrv.home}/start", try it.

-----Original Message-----
From: BlaineNewsletters(@yahoo) [mailto:blainenewsletters@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 12:24 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Launch a separate process(terminal window) from Ant [Linux]

I'm trying to launch a separate process from Ant (call Weblogic's startup
script, startWebLogic.sh) in a new window, and have the original window run
in parallel.
This is no problem within Win2000. I use the exec task to call "start" to
launch a new window and give it the command line parameters for
startWebLogic.cmd
When trying to use the exec task for Linux, I can't accomplish the same
thing. I've tried various different methods (xterm, sh) but without success.
I can get a new terminal launched and weblogic runs, but the originating
terminal waits for weblogic to complete before continuing.

I haven't been able to figure out a way to correctly do this and I was
hoping somebody else had. As a last resort, people have suggested I call
"java" and then use "fork" to return control back to Ant.
Any suggestions?
<!--method #1-->

<target name="start.weblogic_600" >
    <exec dir="${appsrv.home}" executable="start" os="Windows 2000,Windows
NT">
            <arg line="startWebLogic.cmd" />
            <env key="BEA_HOME" value="${bea.home}" />
    </exec>
    <exec dir="${appsrv.home}/config/mydomain" executable="/bin/sh"
os="Linux,Solaris">
            <arg line="./startWebLogic.sh " />
    </exec>
</target>
<!--method #2-->

<target name="start.weblogic_600" >
<exec dir="${appsrv.home}" executable="start" os="Windows 2000,Windows NT">
<arg line="startWebLogic.cmd" />
<env key="BEA_HOME" value="${bea.home}" />
</exec>
<exec executable="${appsrv.home}/config/mydomain/startWebLogicInXTerm.sh"
os="Linux,Solaris"/>
</target>

----
#!/bin/sh
pushd /usr/local/bea/wlserver6.0/config/mydomain
xterm -e ".startWebLogic.sh" &
popd