ant-user mailing list archives

From Edgar "Sánchez" <vesanc...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: nested targets and calling a target from a command line?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:14:55 GMT
  Thanks Ylan...

  so, the command line will be in as follows...

ant -compile="targetname" -buildfile buildtest.xml

  is it correct???

  and for the second thing, I asked the nested
targets, because i want to keep an order of modules
I'm using, and also use the dependencies from
principals targets... but as I said, is a little
crazy.

 Thanks

VES

--- Ylan Segal <ylan@digiworks.tv> wrote:
> In answer to your second queastion.. sure!!!!
> You can call a target from the commando prompt:
> $> ant compile
>
> (assuming that you have the ant script for your
> system in the path).
> That will run ant and execute the compile target. If
> that target has any
> dependencies it will run those targets first, and if
> those targets in turn
> have dependencies, it will run them also, and so on.
>
> as for setting a target within a target, I don't
> believe it is possible, but
> I also don't see why you need it. Dependencies take
> care of that, don't
> they?
>
> Ylan Segal
> ylan@digworks.tv

=====

"Puedes sentirte desilusionado si fallas, pero estás condenado si no lo intentas."