ant-user mailing list archives

From Edgar "Sánchez" <vesanc...@yahoo.com>
Subject nested targets and calling a target from a command line?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:00:40 GMT
  Hi everyone.. as I told you the questions are not
finished yet :-)

   This time a come with 2 more... :-P

  Is there a chance to nest targets, I mean, can I
have a main target and inside of it, keep 3, 4 or n
targets??? this guide us to the next question..... is
it possible to call a target from a command line??

  all this could be more especific with an example.

  <target name="main1">
      <target name="in1ofmain1">
      </target>
      <target name="in2ofmain1">
      </target>
      <target name="in3ofmain1">
      </target>
      <target name="inNofmain1">
      </target>
  </target>

  <target name="main2" depens="main1">
      <target name="in1ofmain2">
      </target>
      <target name="in2ofmain2">
      </target>
      <target name="in3ofmain2">
      </target>
      <target name="inNofmain2">
      </target>
  </target>

  <target name="main3" depens="main2">
      <target name="in1ofmain3">
      </target>
      <target name="in2ofmain3">
      </target>
      <target name="in3ofmain3">
      </target>
      <target name="inNofmain3">
      </target>
  </target>

  So, from the command line I would like to call
main2, and the dependency would check which target
goes first

   ant -target="main2" -buildfile testtarget.xml

  I do not know if is this too crazy, but, is it
possible??

  Thanks
VES

=====

"Puedes sentirte desilusionado si fallas, pero estás condenado si no lo intentas."

"You can get disappointed if you fail down, but you are doomed if you do not try it."

ICQ #  22338121