ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: property override ignored?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:29:18 GMT
user.name is a system property, set by a call to System.getProperties,
which looks to get done before any of the build-file is executed, so you
wouldn't be able to set it with a <property> task, since by the time the
<property> task gets executed, it's already been set. In order to override
user.name, you'd need to pass it on the command-line -- ie., either
manually include a -Duser.name="whoever", or have a $HOME/.antrc file (on
*nix systems, %HOME%\antrc_pre.bat on Win*) that sets USERNAME (eg.,
export USERNAME=whoever).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)