ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <shockr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: FTP Optional Task
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:53:11 GMT
Sorry about my previous comment.  The problem that I
had with the documentation was that it said to "add it
to the classpath".  When I first read this,  I
assummed that the file has to be added to a directory
that was in my classpath.  Later on,  I realized that
you meant exactly what you said.  An example in the
documentation would have left no questions.

As far as directory structures.  For my use,  I wanted
to deploy builds from my NT machine to my Solaris
machine in particular directories.  FTP seemed to work
as long as the parent directory existed.  This meant
that I had to add to my script a telnet session that
created that directory first, then did the FTP.  My
FTP command looked like this...

<ftp server="servername" port="portnumber"
remotedir="/dir/dir/dir/dir" userid="${username}"
password="${password}" binary="yes">
    <fileset dir="${basedir}/${source}/content"/>
</ftp>

Hope this helps (and that I havn't offended anyone)
--Jim

--- Ylan Segal <ylan@digiworks.tv> wrote:
> Has anyone experienced problems the ftp task with
> directory structures? I
> find that if the structure is not made in the
> server, the ftp task fails. I
> thought that it would work like a copy task.

%ANT_HOME%\lib\optional.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\NetComponents.jar

http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/OptionalTasks/ftp.html
> you
> > are seeing:
> >
> > "FTP
> >
> > Description
> >
> > Note: The ftp-task uses the NetComponents-Package
> which you will need to
> > download from http://www.savarese.org and add to
> your classpath."
> >
> > where "Note" is written in bold.
> >
> > Is it so hard to understand? How could it be
> written better?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Nico

=====