ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <shockr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FTP Optional Task
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:06:17 GMT
The documentation kinda-sucks on this one.  You need
to have the following in your class path...
%ANT_HOME%\lib\optional.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\NetComponents.jar

optional.jar is required for the optional tasks.
NetComponents.jar is required for any task that would
make use of the network like telnet, ftp, etc.

Hope this helps,
Jim

--- "DUBCHAK, JOHN [Non-Pharmacia/1000]"
<john.dubchak@monsanto.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I realize this question has probably been asked a
> thousand times but I can't
> seem to find the solution and am getting frustrated
> with it...
>
> I'm trying to create a task to ftp to a unix server
> from my WinNT machine.
> The task is defined as follows:
>
>   <target name="ftp_scripts">
>     <ftp server="theServer"
> 	 remotedir="${scripts.deploy.dir}"
> 	 userid="myUser"
> 	 password="myPassword"
> 	 depends="yes">
>         <fileset dir="${scripts.dir}"
> includes="*.sh"/>
>     </ftp>
>   </target>
>
> I downloaded the optional.jar file for Ant 1.3 and
> put it into
> %ANT_HOME%\lib, but get the following error when
> trying to execute the
> target:
>
> C:\source\ant_builds\build.xml:128: Could not create
> task of type: ftp.
> Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your
> task, or, if this is an
> optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib
> directory of your ant
> installation (ANT_HOME).
>
> Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,