ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <shockr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Spaces in properties
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:25:29 GMT
I am having a problem using spaces in property files.

While using Ant version 1.3 compiled on March 2 2001,
I had no problems including spaces on the command line
for properties.

Example

ant dev-compile -Dlast_date="August 24, 2001"

I have now installed Weblogic Version 6.1 which
includes "Ant version 1.3 compiled on May 11 2001".
This command line no longer works.  I get the error
message:

24 was unexpected at this time.

If I try removing the quotes.
-Dlast_date=August 24, 2001
it only recognizes "August" as being part of the
last_date property value.

Any help in this problem would be greatly appreciated.

--Jim

=====
Support anti-Spam legislation.
Join the fight http://www.cauce.org/