ant-user mailing list archives

From Julian Gosnell <jules_gosn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re: LinkageError solved: ant task to deploy Apache SOAP service
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 13:42:01 GMT
I tried to simplify it down to nothing - but then it
worked - So I now have no clue what is going on.

It is definitely a subtle interaction between ant and
soap !

when forked the soap client runs fine, when run in-vm,
you get the error I described.

You will need to download soap (
http://xml.apache.org/dist/soap/version-2.2/soap-bin-2.2.zip)

look at the docs/install/index.html. (re: mail.jar and
activation.jar)

Somehow get soap deployed (on e.g. TomCat).

put build.xml in the same dir as
crimson,mail,activation and soap.jar.

ensure that the 1st arg in the java call in the
buildfile points at your soap deployment.

run it - you should get the error I enclose.

If you tell the java task to fork - it runs fine with
exactly the same classpath, implying that some strange
interaction with ant is what is breaking it.

I wish I had the time to figure it out, but now I have
a solution I have to press on.

Sorry I can't make it easier.

Thanks for Ant !

Jules

 --- Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote: > Can you send me a simple test case. I have
written