ant-user mailing list archives

From "Fiedler, Raul" <Raul.Fied...@ecb.int>
Subject passing fileset as a property
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:30:41 GMT
"yeah, I've been trying to do this too. Is this feature beyond the
capabilities of Ant?"

I am looking for possibility to define a group of filees (fileset) as a
property and perform different task with it.
Example jar fileset or delete fileset.

Is there another approach to it or maybe add this one to suggestions for ANT
1.5???

Thanks a lot.
Raul

cnsxxx09@netscape.net wrote:
>Hi,

>I know I can use the 'includes' in the <jar> tag and also include a
basedir, but the META-INF doesn't live in the basedir, and besides this
whole approach is m-ugly when compared to the concept of FileSets.

--

cnsxxx09@netscape.net wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have an EJB ant target that runs the Jar command over a specified set of
files.
>In order to make this really useful & re-usable I want to be able to
re-call it many times but passing in different filesets.

>>From the docs <path id="base.path"> and  <path refid="base.path"> look
like
what I am looking for, but I cannot use the path tag within the jar
command/tag.

>Can someone point me in the right direction.
>
>TIA
>
>C.
>--

Any e-mail message from the European Central Bank (ECB) is sent in good faith but shall neither
be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by the ECB except where provided for
in a written agreement.
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Any unauthorised
disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via e-mail
and delete this e-mail from your system.