ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Wells" <swe...@graviton.com>
Subject RE: Ant Instantiation Exception running JDMK MIB Compiler
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:17:27 GMT
I think Stefan is correct here - but then, for a Java based tool (that
is non-ANT compliant, ala JDMK) what is the proper way to launch?
"exec" to kick off another VM that way?

-- Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 10:44 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ant Instantiation Exception running JDMK MIB Compiler

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Steve Wells <swells@graviton.com> wrote:

> I am trying to run the MIB compiler provided with JDMK under Ant.

Let me first say that I don't know anything about MIB.

>     <taskdef
>       name="mib"
>       classname="com.sun.jdmk.tools.MibGen"

Are you sure the class MibGen follows the patterns of an Ant task?
Judging from

>       <mib line="-mc -d mib -tp com.graviton.dac.networkMonitor.mib
> ${src}/com/graviton/dac/networkMonitor/mib-graviton.txt
> ${lib}/java/jdmk/mib_core.txt" />

We'd have the following requirements:

(1) public no-arg constructor

(2) A method of the signature public void setLine(SomeType) where
SomeType is String, a primitive type, wrapper class for a primitive
type, Class, File or any Type with a public one-arg-String
constructor.

(3) A method of the signature public void execute()

This here

> java.lang.InstantiationException: com.sun.jdmk.tools.MibGen

looks as if condition (1) wouldn't be true.

Stefan