ant-user mailing list archives

From "T Master" <tmas...@iknowledgeinc.com>
Subject Re: The cv0f arguments on a Jar? ejbc
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:51:48 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edgar Sánchez" <vesanchez@yahoo.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 1:30 PM
Subject: RE: The cv0f arguments on a Jar?

> java -hotspot weblogic.ejbc -compiler javac -iiop
> build\EJBclient.jar EJBclient.jar
>
>   how do I put this line into my XML build to be
> understood by Ant???

I have the same problem.  Use the ejbc task.  Heck, it doesn't do what it
should do.  Documentation is bad.  That is, hard to follow, understand.  It
is not "clear and concise" with a better example.

Apparently the task wanted an ejb jar file.  Which attribute to state this
in?  No idea, so I use the <include> which had the deployment descriptors in
there already.

EJB1.1  doesn't use serialised deployment descriptors.  Theya re xml based
now, and so the documentation should be updated accordingly, or the task
rewritten.  Should I be using the <weblogic> as a nested element within
<ejbc>.   Not clear.  Confusing.  Only <ejbjar> shows its use in an example.

Perhaps we need to make a requirement that all tasks have user docs written
before submission.  With clear examples, and descriptions.   Also, source
code comments should be clear with no spelling mistakes.  Not too much to
ask!  It may just cut down on mails such as mine.

A better example for weblogic.ejbc can be found at this link:
http://www.mycgiserver.com/~janaudy/jyperion.org/java/ant/

A nice implementation.

Disgruntled beyond belief!

T Master