ant-user mailing list archives

From "HALIM,SALMAN (HP-NewJersey,ex2)" <sal...@hp.com>
Subject RE: how to reference a command line argument inside ant script
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:34:34 GMT
a while ago, i had the same question.  i ended up writing a small main class
that would replace all command-line arguments following an empty - with args
of the form -Dcom.arg<n>="value" where <n> was a number starting with 0.  it
would create this as a String[] and just launch the original ant class (you
could also do a -Dcom.argc="<number of arguments>" if you wanted to).  this
worked quite well.

i lost the class in a hard disk crash, but it really wasn't very hard to
write at all.

salman.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell G. Wells [mailto:rwells@bearriver.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 6:04 PM
To: ant-user
Subject: RE: how to reference a command line argument inside ant script

I was actually hoping for something more user friendly.  I'm trying to get
our QA dept to get the source for a project from cvs and then build it.  The
build part is easy with ant, but the cvs stuff I always seem to have to
resort to yet another script that I have to maintain on 3 platforms.

Oh, well...