ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jikes dramas
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:44:00 GMT
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:30, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Conor MacNeill wrote:
> > Can we see the debug line where Jikes is invoked please? It may give a
> > clue
> >
> > Conor
>
> Not sure what you mean by 'debug line' here...

I think he means the command line for jikes as described in ants debug log ...

> The confusing part here is that when jikes complied for glibc-2.2 is
> used, standalone compilations are fine. But when called from Ant, it
> dumps the core. So, there must be something different in the way jikes
> is called from Ant then from the shell... And yet, the version compiled
> for glibc-2.1 works fine. This could be one of those infamous
> RedHat-7.0-we-used-a-bad-compiler-to-create-it things, who knows...

This is a random guess that may be completely wrong but ...  it is possibly
that your "java" executable is actually a shell script that sets thing like
LD_LIBRARY_* (or whatever the environment variables are). These are inherited
by any sub processes including your executable. This causes problems when
these variables cause your programs to fail. My only solution is to get a
statically linked executable, one that works with the JVM or write a wrapper
script that unsets the environment variables.

--
Cheers,

Pete