ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefano Mancarella" <mancare...@opoipi.bancaintesa.it>
Subject Re: Problem with the Delete task
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:52:26 GMT
> > Anyway, what is the expected behavior?
> I'm not sure what it has been to begin with, but I think somewhere
> between 1.3 and 1.4 we've changed some code and this change came out
> as a side effect.  I remember that we talked about the side effect and
> concluded it would be the correct behavior anyway.

Hmm, I understand. So now there's no difference between doing:

<delete dir="somedir"/>

and

<delete includeEmptyDirs="true" >
    <fileset dir="somedir"/>
</delete>

Right?

Anyway I've found a way to accomplish the old behavior:

<delete includeEmptyDirs="true" >
    <fileset dir="somedir" includes="**/*"/>
</delete>

This actually deletes all the contents of "somedir" but doesn't remove
"somedir" itself.
Perhaps the documentation could be changed accordingly...
I've attached a patch to do so.