ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Ant's internal tests fail!
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:47:59 GMT
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>

> OK, you are right - they do not pass on Cygwin although the error is
> different (I think you have rebuilt in the meantime). The error reported
is

>     [junit] Testcase:
> testNormalize(org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtilsTest)::  FAILED
>     [junit] expected:<f:\1\2\3\4> but was:<F:\1\2\3\4>
>     [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<f:\1\2\3\4>
but
> was:<F:\1\2\3\4>
>     [junit]     at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:51)
>     [junit]     at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:234)
>
> Looks to be due to case sensitivity of filesystem. Not sure why though as
> I'm not sure how - I'll look into why they are different.

OK, odd - under Cygwin, some paths come back differently than under a
normal command window. For example

Under DOS
Setting project property: user.dir -> F:\antdev\ant14
Setting project property: java.runtime.version -> 1.3.0-C
Setting project property: java.awt.graphicsenv ->
sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
Setting project property: os.arch -> x86
Setting project property: java.io.tmpdir -> D:\TEMP\

Under Cygwin
Setting project property: user.dir -> f:\antdev\ant14
Setting project property: java.runtime.version -> 1.3.0-C
Setting project property: java.awt.graphicsenv ->
sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
Setting project property: os.arch -> x86
Setting project property: java.io.tmpdir -> d:\TEMP\

Hmmm. It seems that Cygwin can affect the VM. It must be the native code
part of the FileSystem class. Still, a little concerning. Anyway, since
FileUtils uppercases the driver letter, we can probably uppercase root when
it is set in the unit test.

Thoughts?

Conor