ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Ant's internal tests fail!
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:09:45 GMT
From: "Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch@apache.org>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: Ant's internal tests fail!

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Almost all the tests pass except for the FileUtilsTest.
> >
> > Hmm, it passes for GUMP, see

<http://jakartahttp://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2001-08-10/test-ant.ht
ml>
> > as well as on my box - but I think both run Linux (mine does 8-),
> > Conor reported success on Windows as well.
> >
> > It is possible that you need to recompile the test and FileUtils
> > before running the test (some stuff changed from static to instance
> > methods some days ago).
>
> Aha!  They work in Windows--but NOT with CYGWIN!  There is some sort of
incompatibility
> with the FileUtils and CYGWIN on Windows.

OK, you are right - they do not pass on Cygwin although the error is
different (I think you have rebuilt in the meantime). The error reported is

    [junit] Testcase:
testNormalize(org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtilsTest)::  FAILED
    [junit] expected:<f:\1\2\3\4> but was:<F:\1\2\3\4>
    [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<f:\1\2\3\4> but
was:<F:\1\2\3\4>
    [junit]     at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:51)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:234)

Looks to be due to case sensitivity of filesystem. Not sure why though as
I'm not sure how - I'll look into why they are different.

Conor