ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ravindra Jain" <ravin...@ltp.soft.net>
Subject Overriding the properties
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 08:41:20 GMT
Hi All,
I'm new to Ant and I have some doubts on the use of <property> task.

I have two targets named "A" and "B", where "B" depends on "A",
There is a third target "C" , which depends on both "A" and "B".
I want to use two separate properties files in "B" and "A".
I mean "A" will use {project.root}/src/a.properties,
and "B" will use {project.root}/src/com/domain/b.properties

My problem is that if I use a <property file="path to a.properties"/>,
then after executing the task "A", it tries to execute target "B" (target
name="B" depends="A")
where I'm using the second property file with <property file="path to
b.properties"/>
So after executing "B" it does not recognize all the properties from "A"'s
properties file.

Is there any method to override the properties for some time, and then again
restore them ?

Thanks for help..

With Best Regards,
Ravindra..