ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Sheehan" <bshee...@tranetics.com>
Subject Re: <ejbjar> task & nested <support> element
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:10:07 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Niels Verdonk" <Niels.Verdonk@ctp.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 12:06 PM
Subject: RE: <ejbjar> task & nested <support> element

> Why would you want to include the utility classes in your jar.
> That would mean that if you have 100 beans in your jar these
> utility classes would be in every bean that uses them.
>
> We have always used the principle to never put any other class
> in the ejb-jar other than the Bean classes. (Home-, Remote-,
> PK-,BeanClass). If your server has the utility classes in the
> startup classpath they will be found.

does this mean that by the time the bean gets loaded, the utility classes
will already have been loaded? (this would be good).

As far as I know the utility classes were being put in the jar for 2
reasons:

    1) If all classes needed to run the EJB are in the jar, then these
classes will be loaded by the class loader when the bean is first loaded.
This can be good for performance

    2) keeping all the classes in the jar cuts makes sure the EJB will run
as is - it does not rely on the class path to be set correctly (something
that the bean itself has no control over).

Can you give me any pointers on how to use the <support> element?

thanks,

Brian