ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefano Mancarella" <mancare...@opoipi.bancaintesa.it>
Subject Re: taskdef and <property> declarations
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:32:11 GMT
> >     <taskdef name="sqlfwk3"
> >             classname="com.gtsdesign.sqlfwk3.ant.Sqlfwk3Taskdef" >
> >         <classpath>
> >             <pathelement
> >             location="${jars.dir}/sqlfwk3-taskdef.jar"/>
> >         </classpath>
> >     </taskdef>
> > but ${jars.dir} (which is actually coming from the calling
> > buildfile) doesn't seem to get substituted.
> It should - and your task won't even notice.  If you get a literal
> ${jars.dir}, this means the property is not set.  Try <echo>ing it
> before the taskdef.
> It must be defined, before the <taskdef> gets executed.
> Stefan

Let me know if I understood well...
Every property defined after a <taskdef> declaration is not available
to the custom task (which includes all properties defined inside a
target). Is it right?
If so, it seems a strong limitation to me. I tought that <taskdef>
acted as a kind of "import" statement for custom tasks and import
statements usually appear before everything else.