ant-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Quinn" <mi...@onaustralia.com.au>
Subject Fw: javac fails inside ANT Compilation of dependent files -
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:40:23 GMT

Environment
ANT  : 1.3
JDK       : 1.3
NT4 SP6
Cygwin

Help
     I have a scenario where javac behaves as expected OUTSIDE ant, but
     when launched by ANT (javac task), I get a failure

     If classA, depends on ClassB, but ClassB exists only as a .java file, then
     wheh classA is compiled, the javac will automatically compile the ClassB
     file, if the .java version is available on the classpath

     My structure is as follows

                _____ e:\Testing _____
                     |                   |
                   Proj1               Proj2
                     |                   |
                    com                 com
                     |                   |
                     a                   c
                     |                   |
                     b                   e
                     |                   |
                   class1             class2
               (uses class2)

     Classpath has Testing/proj2 in it, but if I build class1 outside ANT, using
-classpath in
       javac, it works file, ie class2.class is built and then class1.class

     BUT if I build inside ANT, the javac fails to find the class2.java, but if
the class2.class file
     exists, then all is fine ?? what gives ??

Heres the build.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<project name    =  "Build Common-OFX"
         default =  "main"
         basedir =  "." >

  <property name  = "src.dir"         value = "e:\\testing\\prj1"   />
  <property name  = "java.dir"        value = "${src.dir}"          />
  <property name  = "lib.dir"         value = "lib"                 />
  <property name  = "docs.dir"        value = "docs"                />

  <!--
         Set the properties for the build area, this comes from the template
         and is common for ALL components.
  -->
  <property name  =  "build.dir"       value  = "build"                  />
  <property name  =  "build.classes"   value  = "${build.dir}/classes"   />
  <property name  =  "build.lib"       value  = "${build.dir}/lib"       />
  <property name  =  "build.javadocs"  value  = "${build.dir}/javadocs"  />
  <property name  =  "build.tests"     value  = "${build.dir}/testcases" />
  <property name  =  "dist"            value  = "${build.dir}/dist"      />

  <!-- define the classpath needed to build here -->
  <property name  =  "localclassPath"
            value  = "e:\\testing\\prj2" />

  <property name  = "thesrc.src"
            value = "com/a/b/class1.java" />