ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mitchell Ackermann" <mitchell.ackerm...@epsiia.com>
Subject Re: FTP Optional Task
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:05:34 GMT
When I first started experimenting with the <ftp> task, I thought the documentation
was pretty straight-forward. I got the netcomponents.jar before I tried the task, and
my build task worked the first time I tried it.

Mitchell Ackermann

----- Original Message -----
From: Nico Seessle <nico@apache.org>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: FTP Optional Task

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Bullington" <shockride@yahoo.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 9:06 PM

> The documentation kinda-sucks on this one.  You need
> to have the following in your class path...
> %ANT_HOME%\lib\optional.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\NetComponents.jar

OK, can you please tell us what us the problem with the documentation?

If you go to http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/OptionalTasks/ftp.html you
are seeing:

"FTP

Description

Note: The ftp-task uses the NetComponents-Package which you will need to
download from http://www.savarese.org and add to your classpath."

where "Note" is written in bold.

Is it so hard to understand? How could it be written better?

Thanks

Nico