ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Tasks sharing in-memory objects?
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2001 07:41:03 GMT
> I would think that as long as the data is stored in some static hashmap
> or something,
> you should be able to get to it.  I wouldn't think thread safeness would
> be an issue,
> since ant itself seems to only process in one thread.

Two problems - Ant 1.4 will support multithreading of tasks. Secondly,
tasks are often loaded with different classloaders which can make
referencing one from another somewhat tricky, but not impossible. It
depends on the type of the data to be shared and which classloader is used
for that type.

COnor