ant-user mailing list archives

From "T Master" <tmas...@iknowledgeinc.com>
Subject possible to append to system classpath?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:02:32 GMT

Given a fileset pattern, is it possible to append a collection of *.jar
files to my system classpath for the duration of a build.xml execution?
This makes building extremeley portable after copying out files from a
source tree.

I'm fed up of getting the following error message when trying to run my
custom task, where the necessary  jar file is in a known destination (and
not in the system classpath).

I've tried dynamic class loading, which loaded, but then got instanciation
errors.   I can't run it on the command line using CommandLine as the class
cannot be found.

Is it preferable to have the necessary jars in the classpath instead of
dynamic class loading?

Finding class javancss.Javancss
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javancss/Javancss
        at com.buildtools.JavaNcssTask.executeInVm(JavaNcssTask.java:338)
        at com.buildtools.JavaNcssTask.execute(JavaNcssTask.java:243)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:898)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:536)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:510)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.module.run.TargetExecutor.run(TargetExecutor.java:263)
        at
org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:118)