ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject Re: Creating an EJB jar file with Weblogic 5.1
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:38:32 GMT
You have two choices:

1. Do the Ant equivalents of what you are doing below. So

<jar jarfile="beantemp.jar">

<java classname="weblogic.ejbc">
    <arg ...>

2. Use the <ejbjar> task.

The ejbjar task works by processing deployment descriptors. You tell it the
deployment descriptors you want to use, where your classes exist, etc and
it will go ahead and create the jar and run ejbc on it for you.

I suggest you get the 1.4Beta because it has some new features with respect
to how the jar name is derived from the deployment descriptor. Once you
have the beta, check out the ejbjar task documentation - there is a fair
bit but I know the naming stuff can be a bit confusing. You can grab a zip
from here
which shows the various naming options in operation.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Revathi P.J" <>
To: "AntUser" <>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 4:43 PM
Subject: Creating an EJB jar file with Weblogic 5.1

Can anyone help me out in creating the ejb jar using Weblogic5.1 ? The ANT
documentation is a bit confusing for me. The following are thc ommands to
be implemented in ANT.

jar cvf beantemp.jar com\tools\admin\common\*.class
com\tools\admin\company\*.class  com\tools\admin\version\*.class META-INF

java weblogic.ejbc beantemp.jar adminbeans.jar

View raw message