ant-user mailing list archives

From Magnús Þór Torfason <mag...@handtolvur.is>
Subject Directory handling of the ant task
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:44:20 GMT
I have an ant build file, residing in my .../project/bin dir that works
fine.  This build file includes tests, so it needs to access the filesystem
for both direct reads and dynamic native libraries.

For compatibility between projects, I need to place an ant build file in the
root (.../project).  The file just calls the other file:

<project name="call-bin-build" default="call-bin-build" basedir=".">
	<target name="call-bin-build">
		<ant antfile="build.xml" dir="bin"/>
	</target>
</project>

However, even if the class paths and build file are correctly found
(.../project/bin/build.xml), when my junit tests are run, they now fail,
since neither dll's nor other files are found.

This would seem like a bug to me, since I would assume that calling an ant
task with the correct dir parameter should be equivalent to calling ant
straight from the command line in that directory.  Correct?

ps. the build.xml file in the bin directory specifies basedir="."