ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] UML/Diagramming tasks/tools?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:25:14 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Cheesman" <jchees@msl.es>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [OT] UML/Diagramming tasks/tools?

> At 05:52 AM 30/08/01, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Does anyone know of any tools that render UML (or other style) diagrams
if
> >you givem a sourcetree. ie I want to UML-ify src/java/** and then link to
it
> >from javadoc. Anyone know of any available tools to do that?
>

> Rational Rose - but it costs a fortune...
>
> JRefactory - which I think is on sourceforge somewhere: do a search for
> either jrefactory or pretty printer and you should be able to find it -
has
> a UML generator. It's nowhere near as flash as the Rose one, but it is
free.

Then there is (theoretically) ArgoUML (theoretically because it just does
not work very well for me - needs really long for just a few classes, prints
*lots* of exceptions, ...).

I don't know if the Community-Edition of TogetherJ
(www.togethercommunity.com) will do this as well? The Commercial Edition
does it.

Nico