ant-user mailing list archives

From "Russell G. Wells" <rwe...@bearriver.com>
Subject how to reference a command line argument inside ant script
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:16:20 GMT

I want to create a target in my build.xml file for getting a tagged revision
of code out of CVS, with the user specifying the revision name on the
command line.
i.e.
	ant cvsrev build-24

My question is how do I access the argument "build-24" within the build.xml
file.

<!-- check for required environment variable prior to doing anything -->
<target name="init.cvs" unless="osEnv.CVSROOT">
	<fail message="To use ANT CVS you must have CVSROOT defined"/>
</target>

<target name="cvsrev" depends="init.cvs">
	<!-- cvs -q checkout -P -r revision-name module -->
	<cvs command="-q checkout -P -r revision-name ${ant.project.name}"/>
</target>

What should be "revision-name" be replaced with?

Russell G. Wells
Bear River Associates, Inc.
email:  rwells@bearriver.com