ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <erikhatc...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: includes and excludes
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:04:36 GMT
Kyle,

Order is irrelevant for includes/excludes.   An excluded file/directory wins
over it being explicitly included.

(this made intuitive sense for me, but I took a look at the source code,
specifically DirectoryScanner.java, in order to verify - I like to
cross-reference the source before answering definitively).

I'm not sure how to accomplish excluding 'bar' directories, but including
'foo/bar' directories.   I'd love to see how to accomplish it though.

    Erik

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kyle Adams" <kadams@gfs.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: includes and excludes

I'm still stuck on this problem - anyone have even a smidgen of an idea?

>>> kadams@gfs.com 08/27/01 10:38AM >>>
I'm looking for clarification on exactly how includes and excludes work.
I need to package two JARs for weblogic - one for the java classpath,
one for the weblogic classpath.  The directory bar should be excluded
from one, and included in the other, EXCEPT when bar is a subdirectory
of foo.  I had thought this would handle it:

<!-- Weblogic classpath jar -->
<jar jarfile="wcp.jar" basedir="${base.dir}" whenempty="skip">
    <include name="**/bar/*.class" />
    <exclude name="**/foo/bar/*" />
</jar>

<!-- Java classpath jar -->
<jar jarfile="jcp.jar" basedir="${base.dir}" whenempty="skip"
defaultexcludes="false">
    <exclude name="**/bar/*" />
    <include name="**/foo/bar/*.class" />
</jar>

But the jcp.jar is skipped, which leads me to believe that the last
<include> does not override the <exclude>.  Or that my syntax is just
incorrect :-)

Kyle