ant-user mailing list archives

From "Amos Lieberman" <>
Subject RE: Win 2000 Install/Exec
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:30:33 GMT
I don't see a start_java command.  The most obvious place to put the echo comamnd seemed to
be after :runAnt

This is therefore the code in the bat file:
echo %_JAVACMD% -classpath %LOCALCLASSPATH% -Dant.home="%ANT_HOME%" %ANT_OPTS%
goto end

This is what I get in return:

C:\jdk1.3.0_02\\bin\java -classpath "C:\jdk1.3.0_02\\lib\tools.jar";"C:\work\ANT
nt.jar"; -Dant.home="C:\work\ANT\jant\"

Can you see what is causing the problem?

>>> james 07/23/01 09:27AM >>>
Your bat file is not echo?ing the 'java' command.  Parameters for java are

Either insert _echo on_ before the java (start_java, or something like that)
or remove the 'at' symbol before the java command:

Echo on
@java incorrect parameters you will NOT see
java incorrect parameters you will see