ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: Ant on Mac OS 9?
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:51:15 GMT
A developer afraid of Unix?!?

Seriously though, as a Mac user myself, I can appreciate his situation.  Should Ant 2 ever
come in to existence, with Antidote as a full-blown GUI, it'll make the Ant experience incredibly
user-friendly - you'll be able to use MRJAppBuilder to make a nice double-clickable version
of Antidote.  And the Aqua interface... ah... so soothing :-)

While Antidote still has a lot of holes in it (at least the version included with Ant 1.3,
I'm not sure about the nightly drops), it still might be worth looking into.  It might make
the transition into OS X and Ant a little easier for him, especially if he'll just be using
Ant for the builds (and not actually developing any Ant scripts).

Kyle

>>> isaac.sparrow@visicomp.com 07/16/01 06:01PM >>>
Mark,

This guy does have a G4. He has OS X available on his computer but is
afraid of Unix. He is being pushed towards OS X. Anyway, I thought it
was amazing that we got ant 1.3 working at all on OS 9.

--Isaac

--
Isaac Sparrow
Staff Engineer