ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.3 and Weblogic 6.
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:30:28 GMT
It might be a problem with odd OS-specific characters in the
XML file.  This can be fixed by using a text editor that can convert file between
UNIX, DOS, and Mac file formats (I've run into this problem primarily with
different represenations of carriage returns).

My other thought is probably a long shot, since the error message you're getting isn't quite
right if this was actually the problem, but...

Are you behind a firewall?  If you are, and you're not using the <dtd> nested
elements, then your xml parser might not be able to find the DTD.  The <dtd> tag
redirects the parser to a local copy of the DTD.  This is a good thing to use
anyway, since accessing a local DTD is faster (thus speeding up
parsing).  Normally that would cause an error something like:

SAXException while parsing 'ejb-jar.xml'. This probably indicates badly-formed
XML.  Details: External entity not found: "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-
jar_1_1.dtd".

In the end, I'm just making some guesses...

Kyle