ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: Common path definitions
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 19:20:28 GMT
You could - this is also a viable solution.  In my case, I wanted to minimize the variables
that had to be passed in from the command line.  That way means less typing if the developer
wants to bypass the wrapper script (for example, to turn on verbose logging).

There are disadvantages to each solution (requiring a file be in the user's home directory,
more typing required when developer wants to bypass wrapper script), so in the end, whatever
floats your boat is the best :-)

Kyle

>>> bstocum@paychex.com 07/09/01 03:03PM >>>
Couldnt you just specify the properties file location with a

ant -DANT_PROPERTIES_LOCATION=$ANT_PROPERTIES_LOCATION

And then using the <properties/>  tag inside like this

<property environment="${ANT_PROPERTIES_LOCATION" />