ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: DTDs & wlrun (Weblogic 5.1)
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 17:16:47 GMT
Weblogic 5.1

The problem is that (currently) wlrun can't deploy my EJB's.  When I simply use the startweblogic
command, the EJBs deploy fine.  wlrun is setup to load the exact same classes into the java
classpath and the weblogic classpath.  We're puzzled by this, so we were wondering if weblogic
was choking on parsing the deployment descriptor (weblogic-ejb-jar.xml), since it appears
the JNDI doesn't seem to be bound correctly.  I've posted the error message below.

That's problem #1, before we even get to problem #2 (the web.xml).  Here's the error message
in regards to problem #2:

 [wlrun] [ExternalEntity] : Could not resolve entity '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN'.  Check your dtd reference.

And from the web.xml file:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

A quick check verifies that the DTD does exist at the specified location.

The error message for problem #1, brought to you by cut-'n-paste:

[wlrun] Mon Jul 09 11:23:14 EDT 2001:<E> <EJB> Could not deploy: 'D:/dev/ejb/common/ejb_common.jar'
[wlrun] Possible reasons include:
[wlrun] 1. The bean or an interface class has been modified but
[wlrun]    the deployment descriptor has not been updated
[wlrun] 2. The database mappings in the deployment descriptor do not
[wlrun]    match the database definition
[wlrun] 3. The jar file is not a valid jar file
[wlrun] 4. The jar file does not contain a valid bean
[wlrun] weblogic.ejb.common.DeploymentException: Could not instantiate EJBObject.; nested
exception is:
[wlrun]     javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: 'comp/env/ejb/com/gfs/corp/common/bm/manager/SiteManager_EO';
remaining name 'comp/env/ejb/com/gfs/corp/common/bm/manager/SiteManager_EO'
[wlrun] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: 'comp/env/ejb/com/gfs/corp/common/bm/manager/SiteManager_EO';
remaining name 'comp/env/ejb/com/gfs/corp/common/bm/manager/SiteManager_EO'
[wlrun]     at weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.resolveName(BasicWLContext.java, Compiled
Code)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.resolveNameToStore(BasicWLContext.java,
Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.resolveNameToParentStore(BasicWLContext.java,
Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.rebind(BasicWLContext.java:229)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.jndi.toolkit.ReplicatedWLContext.rebind(ReplicatedWLContext.java:91)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.jndi.toolkit.BasicWLContext.rebind(BasicWLContext.java:580)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.StatelessEJBHome.setup(StatelessEJBHome.java:127)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBHomeImpl.setup(EJBHomeImpl.java:600)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBDeploymentImpl.setupBeanHome(EJBDeploymentImpl.java:576)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBDeploymentImpl.deployBeans(EJBDeploymentImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBDeploymentImpl.deploy(EJBDeploymentImpl.java:335)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBJarDeployment.deploy(EJBJarDeployment.java:231)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBManagerImpl.deploy(EJBManagerImpl.java, Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBManagerImpl.deployNew(EJBManagerImpl.java:352)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBManagerImpl.deploy(EJBManagerImpl.java:319)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBManagerImpl.deployBeans(EJBManagerImpl.java, Compiled
Code)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.ejb.internal.EJBManagerImpl.<init>(EJBManagerImpl.java:242)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java, Compiled Code)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:825)
[wlrun]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:99)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:65)
[wlrun]     at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)

>>> conor@cortexebusiness.com.au 07/09/01 11:07AM >>>
Kyle,

I live behind a firewall during the day and I have never had a problem with
wlrun and DTDs. weblogic has a copy of the DTD itself and knows where to
find them (it has its own resolver). The wlrun task does not deal with
DTDs. It doesn't perform XML processing of any kind. So, before you add DTD
to wlrun, perhaps you can tell me the errors you are getting and give me a
sample of your web.xml file that is causing problems.

Oh, also need the version of Weblogic, etc

Cheers
Conor