ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Depend issue with "jar" task?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 05:53:46 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, <wcline@cosd.fedex.com> wrote:

> My question is: Why is the target "signjar" always executing, even
> if the jar is not recreated?

In Ant, the tasks decide whether they need to run or not - all tasks
that are part of the dependency chain will be executed by Ant.  In
your case the <jar> compares the timestamp of the archive with those
of the files that make up the archive and decides to do nothing.

The <signjar> task doesn't know whether it needs to run or not - I'm
not familiar enough with it to know whether it could gather this
information or not.

Stefan