ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tarfileset bug
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:33:30 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Christopher Berry <christopher.berry@etrade.com>
wrote:

> Is cherry-picking files from CVS (e.g. Tar.java, in this case) how
> most everyone handles a situation like this??

It depends on the situation.  I run the very latest version of CVS all
the time, but I wouldn't recommend doing so in general.

> In my experience, it can be dangerous to selectively Update
> particular files from CVS, as changes are often inter-dependent on
> other changes.

True, but you can trust me 8-) Tar.java is not part of such a change.

> Is the head-of-the-tree always stable??

Not always, we try to only commit stable versions of everything - but
things happen from time to time, you know.

Stefan