ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: JUnit output (System.out) not printed.
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:14:36 GMT
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Jirtme Lacoste
<> wrote:

> I upgraded to Ant 1.4 nightly and I found out that the JUnit output
> (System.out, System.err) is not printed anymore.

Well, it is buffered and then printed (depends on the formatter) at
the end of the test.  The behavior in Ant 1.3 was to pass everything
through, which was not acceptable as people wanted to see the output
in their logfile.

Your use-case indicates that we don't cover everything with this, maybe
we should decouple the handling of System.out/.err from the summary
formatter and add another attribute that indicates whether we want to
swallow System.err/.out (i.e. hand it to the formatters exclusively,
we currently do) or let output go to the original streams as well

What do you think?

View raw message