ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: javac task compiles missing files automatically
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:29:43 GMT
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Steffen Euch <euc@ep-ag.com> wrote:

> ${PRJ_SOURCE} is the parent directory of "com", the root of our
> packet structure: U:\foo\java\src The patternset, which is passed to
> this generic target below, lists all the directories, that java
> files should be compiled. But if one of these files uses a class
> that isn't in this directories javac compiles it anyhow. I want such
> a javac job to fail.

You cannot do this with javac (the command line thing, not the task)
easily - two options:

(1) Remove everything that must not be used by your sources from
    PRJ_SOURCE.

(2) Copy everything that may be used to a temporary dir (using the
    patternset, you've already defined) and use that temporary dir as
    the srcdir of the javac task.

Stefan