ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [antlist] custom task - how to pass *.java filenames
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 05:24:14 GMT
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, T. Master <tmaster@iknowledgeinc.com> wrote:

> I'm starting to write my own custom task (oooooh) as a wrapper
> around JavaNCSS.

congrats 8-)

> I want to be able to pass all the *.java names to my task.  I'm
> thinking I should have my custom task allow a nested fileset (along
> with patternset).

Just stick with FileSet, extending MatchingTask used to be the
preferred choice before FileSet was there.

If the javadocs of FileSet and DirectoryScanner don't get you where
you want, you'll have to look at the source - I think looking at the
code for Touch would be best to start.

Oh, and please improve the documentation to include all that has been
unintuitive and feed it back to Ant 8-)

Stefan