ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: target as a property
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 05:50:16 GMT
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Jon Baer <jonbaer@digitalanywhere.com> wrote:

> As a result of feature request after feature request I ended up
> scraping it and writing the whole thing from scratching with a
> XML/ElementName/Processor framework which allows people to go out
> and do their own things without doing any damage to the core

This is similar to what we've been doing for Ant actually, we are
fighting against putting each and every feature into the core and
encourage users to write tasks to do what they need (without affecting
the core).

Things like <unsetproperty> or <resetproperty> could easily be done in
Ant 1.3, and Ant 1.4 will include a concept (TaskContainer) that will

Ant2 will have similar concepts and hopefully be even easier to extend
than current Ant.

Stefan