ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: symbolic links - preventing Ant Traversal
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 05:49:06 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Steve Nesbitt <snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com> wrote:

> As part of a clean task, I would like to remove those symbolic
> links.

I've been experimenting with this a little (there is a bug report, ID
1550) and until now I've not come up with a good way to identify that
a File object actually is a symbolic link.  isDirectory or isFile will
return true (at least on Linux).

Sure, absolutePath and canonicalPath will be different, but I'm not
sure that there are no other situations where this holds true as well
(not even thinking of non case-sensitive file systems).

Failing that, there is not too much Ant could do, as Java seems to be
limited here.

Stefan