ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [antlist] delete and filesets
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2001 05:17:45 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, T. Master <tmaster@iknowledgeinc.com> wrote:

> I want to delete only *.class files, so i have used the following
> code below.

A single <include name="**/*.class" /> would have been enough.

> However, is it imperative I use the exclude name, to avoid deletion
> of source files?

No - if you have an include pattern that doesn't match the sources,
they won't get deleted.

>     <delete verbose="true|false">

This won't parse - do you want verbose messages or not?

>         <fileset>

Missing dir attribute.

>             <include name="**/*.class~" />

Won't work as fileset has an implicit <exclude name="**/*~" />, as
long as you don't set the defaultexcludes attribute to false, that is.
If you have, an include and an exclude pattern that matches, the
exclude wins.

Stefan