ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alain RAVET" <ara...@cirb.irisnet.be>
Subject NT => Linux : files transfer and script execution, and ssh
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:46:11 GMT
Hi,

This is about 2 basic tasks  required for development, but I don't know how
to do them with Ant.

Can, with Ant running ont my NT development workstation,
  1° - transfer files to a remote - (secured)  - Linux server.
  2° - launch a script on a remote - (secured) - Linux server.

To do (1°), I installed samba on the - onsecured - Linux server, and mapped
it to a drive on my NT workstation.
This way, I can use an Ant copy task.
This would not work if there was no Samba on the target Linux machine and/or
the machine is secured (ssh)

To do (2°), I must manually switch to a ssh session, and type the command on
the remote Linux machine.

Alain Ravet
Brussels, Belgium

This mail has been checked by exiscan.
To be safe, please scan the mail attachements with your local virus scanner !